Thursday, May 19, 2011

The wonderland Dress Sew Along

So I was working on a dress for Tabitha this week and it turned out really cute. I LOVE this dress, in fact I think it may be my second favorite dress I've made for Tabitha. (my first being the Tea Party Dress, which at some point I'll get around to making a tutorial for).


I couldn't think of a good name for this, but my friend Victoria said the dress reminds her of Alice in Wonderland, so I've decided to call it the Wonderland dress.


 And for any of you who want your own Wonderland Dress your in luck. Starting next week I will be doing a sew along for the wonderland Dress.


I'll be doing mine in a 2T size. On Day one we will do the Pattern and cutting out the material
Day two will be the bodice, ties and covered button closure, Day three the sleeves and the skirt.


What you'll need
1 1/2 yard of main fabric
1/4 yard of coordinating fabric
covered button materials
elastic for your button (cord or thin elastic)
all the sewing stuff
Pattern making materials. I use 12 in x 18 in Manila drawing paper because Its pretty thick and doesn't rip as easy as say wrapping paper, which I still use for larger pattern pieces.

(As a side note, To make the ruffled skirt I used my new Ruffler foot {thats got a major learning curve but i figured it out} If you don't have a ruffler foot, you can do it the old fashion way which I'll walk you through but won't have any pictures because I''m gonna use the ruffler foot because it saves time.)






So Come back Monday for the part one of the Wonderland Dress, Making the pattern. 

4 comments:

Maria said...

awesome dress. I'll be back on monday for sure!

Sharon said...

What fun! I LOVE sew alongs! Looking forowrd to Monday, I'm your newest follwer. :)

Angie Holden said...

How cute!! Thanks for auditioning for OMTWI!!

Catherine @ Cat on a Limb said...

Teresa, I featured you on my blog today! You can come grab a button if you like.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin