Sunday, July 01, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge 26-31

So I'm pretty behind on my summer blog challenge posts, I've just been swamped lately so i'm gonna try to bang out all my over due ones in one post tonight! Ready?

Day 26  What does your significant other do that makes your heart melt? 
Before having kids, I probably would have said that it was how Morgen is always doing little things, like slipping a love note on my front seat or picking a flower on his way home. He still does those things and I still love those things, but whats more heart melt worthy is how amazing he is with the girls. When Tabitha wants to play tea party, or dress up he is right there doing what she wants, but he is also amazing at teaching our girls the right thing to do . I love when he come home at night and Tabitha yells "Daddy! Your back!" and runs and gives him a hug and the first thing he does is cover her in hugs and kisses. Melts my heart every time.

Day 27 What's the best gift you've ever received?
The best gift I ever received? My two beautiful girls! Without a doubt. We waited so long for them, and I couldn't have imagined any more amazing girls.
Tabitha and her HUGE cheeks!

Eva ever the cuddlier baby!

My two sweet girls





Day 28 How do you do your laundry?? Give your laundry tricks.

   We make our own laundry soap (Via Tipnut)

1 quart Water (boiling)
2 cups Bar soap (grated)
2 cups Borax
2 cups Washing Soda
  • Add finely grated bar soap to the boiling water and stir until soap is melted. You can keep on low heat until melted.
  • Pour the soapy water mixture into a large, clean pail and add the Borax and Washing Soda. Stir well until all is dissolved.
  • Add 2 gallons of water, stir until well mixed.
  • Cover pail and use 1/4 cup for each load of laundry. Stir the soap each time you use it (will gel).
I use this for everyday laundry and wash on cold with an extra rinse then dry in the dryer. I also throw in a scoop of sun oxyclean.
For Cloth Diapers I use Rockin Green. I do a cold rinse with no detergent. A hot wash with two scoops of hard rock detergent and every 3 loads I do a scoop of calgon because we have really hard water. Then I do two rinse cycles, one hot and one cold. Then I line dry my diapers and throw the inserts and wipes in the dryer. 

Day 29 Write a "How To" post
I'm working on this one and will post it soon.

Day 30 Post a photo of an outfit that either is your style or you wish was your style.
These are the kinds of dresses I love, and I actually have a few this style but they are kind of hard to nurse in so I don't wear them often.
 
More often than not, I wear a skirt with a camisole and a cardigan. 





Day 31 Talk about something eco friendly that you already do.


Some of the Ecofriendly things we already do are:

  • Cloth Diapering
  • Recycling
  • Buying used clothes and toys rather than new
  • Walk as much as we can rather than drive
  • repurpose whatever we can. Usually clothes.
Going Green with the Grizls

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin