Friday, July 20, 2012

Yep I'm behind again: Summer Blog Challenge

You guessed It i'm behind again, so here is my make up post. I will be skipping some days because they topic for the day really didn't apply to me.

July 12 Favorite Vacation.
Every year growing up my family went to Lake Tahoe, When We got older my sister resurrected this tradition and started going with her friends. A few years ago she invited my family and my mom and step dad to start coming too. Tabitha absolutely loves going to Tahoe. She loves spending time with her cousin Viv, and her Nana. She loves making sand castles with Avo and chasing butterflies. We didn't go this year, because it really interfered with Morgen's school schedule and my sister had her baby boy in June. We probably won't go for the next few years either, since next summer Morgen will be doing his internship, then we have no clue where we will end up after that. But hopefully someday we can can go to Tahoe with my sister Sara, her husband and children, my sister Jenny, and my mom and stepdad again.

Tabitha and Avo building a Sand Castle

Tabitha and her Cousin playing in the pool

Then and now pictures July 13
 

These are pictures of me from I think when I was around 14ish? Maybe 15. Oh my Gosh the almost not there thin eyebrows! But dang I was skinny! That was before I developed PCOS and gained a bunch of weight. 


These are from Mother's Day this year (the last pictures I have of myself). Well the Eyebrows are definitely improved! But I weigh a hole olson twin more than I did when I was 15. But I am down 80 lbs from when I gave birth to Tabitha so I think thats a real accomplishment, especially seeing as I have PCOS and it makes it difficult to lose weight. 

July 14th one piece of advice you want to give to your child. 
Don't be a bully, don't be a queen bee, But don't be a follower and most importantly be your self, Love yourself and stand up for yourself. Bullies don't like to pick on people who are confident, they pick on the weak, so love yourself and be yourself and everyone will respect you for it. 

July 15th was about makeup but since I don't wear any I'm skipping it

July 16th. Favorite room in your house. Right now I'd have to say my bedroom, because its where I sew and were I nurse Eva most of the time. I also spend a lot of time reading and playing with Tabitha while Eva sleeps in here. 

July 17th a random act of kindness. This wasn't specific to one I've done or one that was done for me. So the latest one was something I've done. A friend of mine recently had a baby and she is concerned about her milk supply so I've been taking her things that I find useful for my milk supply, to see if she likes them or they work for her, like coconut water and oatmeal. I also took her some meals, because who wants to cook after you've had a baby?

July 18th 5 things to do if the power goes out. 
1. if its a long power outage not just a blip, eat the ice cream.
2. gather flashlights and batteries
3. cook any food that will go bad on the BBQ
4. Read stories and play games
5. Put up a tent and sleep together. Make it fun for the kids so they don't get scared. 

July 19th If I were president for a day what one law would I change? I would put an end to indefinite detention. It violates peoples constitutional rights. People have a right to a fair trial.  

July 20th What would you do with the money if you won the lottery?
1. I would take the yearly payments, too many lottery winners blow it all within 5 years. 
2. I would put half of the yearly payout into a high interest CD for the kids for when they grow up.
3. Buy a house
4. Buy a new car, either a Chevy Tahoe or a Honda Pilot. 
5. Buy a ton of cloth diapers, I would buy 2 dozen D&G Designs fitteds, 2 dozen Glow Bug Cloth Diapers, a Dozen sibish, some Rars, and a bunch of cute WAHMs. 
6. I would buy some clothes for me! I never shop for me
7. New computers for Morgen and Me. Both get Macbook Pros, but Morgen also wants a Mac Pro and a server room. 
8. New iphones and ipads and other gadgets
9. Build Alton Browns kitchen from Good Eats complete with root cellar under the kitchen. 
10. Get the girls the coolest back yard ever! With a Cederworks playground and a bounce house and a pool and a Hawaiian ice shack!
11. Get a Cal King sleep number bed. 
12. All new Furniture
13. A new sewing machine, a serger, a silhouette Cameo, and all sorts of great craft stuff
14. and indoor pool in our new house
15 a shower with multiple heads and a fireplace on the opposite wall to keep warm. 
16. buy both girls Diono Radian Carseats
17. Buy a Baby Jogger City Select with extra seat and kickboard.


July 21 Free activities with children. We have done a lot of free things this summer. 
Be sure to keep checking back for more Summer Fun With Kids Posts. 




Going Green with the Grizls

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin