Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dinner knock off: chicken Mexican pizza

So I'm not gonna lie, I kind of love Taco Bell's chicken Mexican pizza. I know it's not real Mexican food. But it's yummy. So I decided I could make this at home (and probably make it healthier too) so here's how I did it.

Ingredients
Can of refrained black beans (you can use pinto but we hate pinto beans)
1 chicken breast (I cooked 3 so I could shred it and put it in my freezer)
Taco seasoning
Tostada shells
Tomatoes
Green onions ( I forgot when I was making them)
Mexican cheese blend shredded
Olives sliced
Diced chilies
Taco bell sauce (they sell it in the grocery store so you don't have to steal a bunch of packets)

Boil the chicken in water with taco seasoning till cooked all they way through. (I did three pieces and left them on high for 30 minutes after boiling)
Shred chicken
Lay out tostada shells on a baking pan
Layer them with refried beans, taco bell sauce and chicken.
Place another tostada shell on top
Layer it with taco bell sauce, cheese, chili peppers, green onions, olives, and tomatoes
Put in oven on high broil until cheese is melted and starts to brown a little.
Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin