Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chicken, tomato, and mushroom pasta

So tonight I realized I didn't have everything I needed for dinner, and that I was really not in the mood for garlic, which was a major ingredient for the dinner I had planned. So I just started pulling out what I had to see what I could make. And what I came up with was pretty darn good if I do say so myself, and acording to my husband, I'm really good at making a great meal out of whatever I can find, which I take as the highest complement.
So here's how to make my chicken, tomato and mushroom pasta.
What you need (by the way this was enough for 4 adult size helpings and 1 toddler size helping. )
1 boneless skinless chicken breast.
1 cup italian bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon lipton onion soup mix
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg beaten
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
1 box whole wheat rotini
olive oil
1 teaspoon italian seasoning.
mozzarella cheese finely grated.

Directions
grease an 8x8 glass pan with olive oil
preheat oven to 450
cut up the chicken breast into small cubes
in a ziploc bag mix bread crumbs, onion soup mix, salt and pepper
dip chicken pieces in egg then put into bag and shake till the chicken pieces are covered. Place chicken in glass pan and continue coating the chicken till its all coated and in the pan. Pour the rest of the bread crumb mix on top of the chicken and bake for 30 min at 450.
Cook the rotini according to package directions
Saute mushrooms and tomatoes in olive oil. about half way through mix in 1 teaspoon italian seasoning.
Mix the mushrooms and tomatoes mixture with the cooked pasta, and the chicken.
Pour the rest of the crumbs from the cooked chicken into the pasta as well. Mix well.
Serve with some of the mozzarella on top. I also fried some polenta to go on the side.
Sorry not the best picture, but it is really yummy. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin