Wednesday, October 19, 2011

FOOD!!

HAHA So i'm not even going to try to hide the fact that I have been MIA for a LONG time. I know, I'm sorry. I had the worst morning sickness at the beginning of this pregnancy, and then have had absolutely no energy. How the heck did I work two jobs while pregnant with Tabitha? I feel like just taking care of her and being pregnant is making me want to sleep 24/7! wow!
So As of 4 or 5 weeks ago I finally started to feel a bit better and was able to cook again! YAY! (that was totally a yay from Morgen who had to do all the cooking while I was sick because just looking at the kitchen made me sick!). So I've been all about making yummy stuff lately. I figured I would fill some of you in on my yummies!
The other day I made a delicious breakfast casserole. Totally made it up on the fly. Morgen says I have to make it again. It may be dinner tonight so Maybe I'll get a picture since I don't have one from before.
So for my awesome breakfast casserole
5 eggs beaten
3 tablespoons milk
1 cup chunky salsa
1/2 a large bag of chopped frozen potatoes
6 pieces of turkey sausage chopped
2 cups of shredded mexican cheese
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chipoltle powder
1 teaspoon mexican chili powder.
Mix all ingredients except potatoes. Put potatoes in 8x8 greased pan. pour wet ingredients over potatoes and mix together. cook at 450F for 35-40 min.
Edit: I made it for dinner without turkey sausage (we were out) and I made it spicier because I knew Tabitha wouldn't eat it.

I also made some really good chili in my crock pot but just threw it together so next time i'll have to right it all down.

And lastly I made some super yummy chocolate sauce a la alton brown.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa (I used dark cocoa)
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup

Directions

In a small pot, bring water and sugar to a boil and whisk in cocoa, vanilla, salt, and corn syrup. Whisk until all of the solids have dissolved. Reduce sauce until slightly thickened. Strain and cool to room temperature. Pour into squeeze bottles. Squeeze into cold milk and stir for delicious chocolate milk or serve on your favorite ice cream. And, hey, it's fat free!
AND OH MY GOSH! Its soooooo yummy. Also i put it in a mason jar instead of a squeeze bottle so I can just spoon it out. 
I'm working on Halloween costumes, a jacket and a few skirts and dresses so hopefully i'll get that all up in the next week or so. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin