Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The Sew Hip Top

I've had this scrap of fabric in my stash for a very long time. Really, a long time. I actually used the fabric to make pantaloons for Rainbow when I was in High School. This fabric is at least 11 years old! Anyway I'm not even sure why I still had it but Tabitha found it about a year ago and fell in love with it. She would carry it around with her everywhere like a little blankie and wrap it around herself. I've been wanting to make something for her, but was afraid I didn't have enough since it was really just a scrap. But last night after ironing it out, I found that I actually had about twice as much as I thought, it was just so wrinkled I couldn't tell! haha!
So why the Sew Hip Top you ask? Because the fabric has the cutest little multi colored hippos and elephants! I know I'm a dork! Thats ok!
I know she doesn't look to excited, but she really is, She just was annoyed I made her take pictures while she was trying to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. 

I tried some new things with this shirt, I made the top band with some fusible interfacing in it to make it nice and stiff. 

Also I've only ever done  button holes once, but they turned out really easy to do and looked nice.

Also this is the first time I did covered buttons. They were super easy to make! and I love the way they look!

I love the way the little inserts look!


I loved making this, but I didn't do a tutorial for it since while I was making it I had to change things along the way to make sure I had enough fabric. 
However I'm planing on making a few more, so I'll make the tutorial for this sometime this week and post it. 
Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin