Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Foodie Friday: moms casserole

So I know I'm kind of late for foodie Friday but well life gets in the way and I'm gonna do it on Saturday.

Growing up my mom made this great easy casserole. It was all stuff she had in the pantry usually (well a few fridge items as well) and it was quick and easy. Since we have been trying to east less caned food and more fresh food I've updated my moms recipe using fresh foods.

Chicken casserole

2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package of waky Mac colored spiral pasta. I've found a few versions that have a full serving of vegetables in the noodles which is awesome.
1 package fresh sliced mushrooms
1 bag frozen organic mixed veggies (carrots, green beans, peas, corn and potatoes)
1 can olives (large)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or if you make your own that's even better. I plan to start making my own)
8 oz sour cream
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons of butter

1. Cook the chicken and cut it into cubes
2. Cook the pasta according to package directions
3. Mix pasta, vegetables, chicken, cream of mushroom, sour cream, and olives and spread in 9x12 pan
4. Melt butter
5. Mix butter, bead crumbs and Parmesan cheese until completely coated and lumpy.
6. Spread bread crumb mixture over pasta mixture
7. Cook at 350 for 45 minutes

This is one of our go to fall/winter meals. It's filling and oh so good

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks soo good!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin