Monday, May 28, 2012

Using up leftovers

So every Sunday I cook a whole chicken in the crockpot, we have church from 1:30 to 4:30 so I don't want to come home around 5 and have to quickly throw something together. Usually all I have to do is cook some rice and make a salad and rolls and we are good to eat by 6 at the latest. But ever Sunday we have at least half a chicken left over so on Monday's I try to come up with a good way to use the left over chicken.

So this last Monday I made a very yummy dish.

Bow tie pasta with asparagus and chicken

I boiled a bag of bow tie pasta and put the steamer basket in the top of the pot. I put in half a bunch of asparagus and let it steam with the pasta.
When the pasta was cooked I drained it, and cut up the asparagus and mixed them together. I heated up the left over chicken (that weeks marinade was a lemon garlic so it went really well with the pasta) and shredded it into the pasta. After I served Tabitha hers i sprinkled some crushed red pepper flakes in and mixed it up. it was really yummy, Morgen had 3rds =)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin