Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Mother's Day Blessing

I don't know about everyone else but I had a beautiful Mother's Day. It started out with Morgen taking Tabitha down stairs and making dairy free pancakes with fresh strawberries for breakfast, then keeping her occupied while I finished sewing her new dress (tutorial to come soon I promise!). Morgen helped Tabitha make me a card that was just so sweet. My in-laws were here to celebrate Tabitha's birthday (we had her party on Saturday, and I forgot my camera so as soon and I can get pictures from my MIL I will post them), and to help bless Eva at church on Sunday.
My in-laws got me a very nice mothers day card and some very pretty flowers too which was very nice. Morgen gave me a sweet card and a coupon for one night off (not including during midterms and finals).
My favorite part of the day though was when Morgen blessed Evangeline at church. It was so beautiful and I truly felt the spirt while he blessed her. I was crying with Tabitha sitting on my lap. After the blessing Tabitha said "its ok mommy don't cry" and hugged me.
We got to take some family pictures and they came out really nice. Evangeline wore the same dress Tabitha wore for her blessing which was worn by my sisters and I when we were baptized (I didn't grow up LDS). I love that not only did my girls get to wear such a beautiful dress but they are a part of a line of women who have worn that dress. I hope I can take as good of care of it as my mom did, because for a dress made in the 70's its still beautiful and in perfect condition.
Tabitha Loves her new Dress

And she's a little cheeseball!


I want to crop Morgen from the one above this one and put him in here, this is one of my favorites if I could do that. =)


Tabitha is the only one paying attention to the camera. 

I need to find a way to take Tabitha from the picture above and switch it out for this one, We all look good in this one but Tabitha is covering her mouth. 


Probably the best picture because everyone is looking at the camera and not making a goofy face. 

I like this one but my hand is covering Eva's face. 

Morgen's parents and one of his brothers came to help with the blessing. 


I only wish I knew the power boxes were in the pictures so we could have moved a bit to the left to get them out. Oh well. 

Thanks for sticking with me through all those pictures! 

So how was your mothers day?

5 comments:

Ellen said...

They are both beautiful! Looks like you had a great Mother's Day!

Erika said...

You have a beautiful family! What a special day!

LaVonne said...

Great family photos! I love that dress your little girl is wearing. It is so cute.

I had a great Mother's Day too. We spent it with our large extended family. About 30 of us had a big meal together and lots of fun.

OurHopeIsInTheLord said...

Great family photos, I had a great Mother's Day too.

Kristin said...

I love your family photos! It was so sweet to hear about how she blessed her. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin