Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge day 14

Give your blog readers 15 tips to get through life.

1. Learn to sew, Even if you don't think you are any good at it, its a really good skill to have.
2. Spend less than you make. We try really hard to do this. Right now its tough because we live on less than $400 a month (rent is paid for by Morgen's financial aid so thats not included), so most months we just scrape by. But its something we strive to do.
3. Recycle. Not just paper and cans, but everything you can. Our planet has been good to us, be good to it by recycling as much as you can.
4. Get to know your neighbors. I never did before moving to Idaho. But Tabitha's best friends are the kids in the complex and I've made some really good friends here too. My neighbors are awesome and I don't know what I would have done without them. They took Tabitha while I went to dr's appointments  when I was pregnant. They watched her so Morgen and I could go on a date. I've watched their kids so they could run errands or go on a date. Neighbors are awesome.
5. Take pictures of everything. We are lucky to live in such a great time that we can easily snap pictures of everything. Someday you will be able to show your grandchildren all the great times you have had because you will have the pictures.
6. Always back up your computer. In this day and age we live on our computers. You would hate to lose everything because you didn't back it up.
7. Try to exercise as much as you can. You'll feel so much better.
8. Be the first to say your sorry. It doesn't matter who was wrong.
9. Send Thank you cards. It really does make a difference.
10. Take time to play with your kids. They won't remember our dirty floor, or the time you left dishes in the sink, they will remember the time you had a tea party with them or played cowboys and indians.
11. If you have more than one kid, make time to do something with them individually as often as you can. They will appreciate that one on one time and so will you.
12. Always ask how your kids day was. Be there for the small stuff so they know you will be there for the big stuff.
13. Unplug once in a while. Take a day, a weekend, or even a week and ignore the email, facebook, twitter or whatever.
14. Take some me time. As a wife and a mom, its important for me to have some time by myself, doing what I like. My family is much better off when I get my alone time on saturday mornings.
15. Eat dinner as a family. We make it a priority to eat dinner together every night. As our kids get older we will continue to do this. No phones, no computers, no tvs. Just family, talking, eating, being together.
Going Green with the Grizls

2 comments:

Kendall said...

I wish we could eat dinner together as a family on a more regular basis, but my husband doesn't get home until after dinner because of his work schedule. :(

Becky Elmuccio said...

Great tips! I love the one about uplugging once in a while. I did it the other day and it felt great.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin